MONTGOMERY COUNTY JOB POSTING NOTICE
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THIS POSTING WITHOUT NOTICE.
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
#1 Criminal Justice Dr. Conroe, TX
Monday – Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Must be available for after duty/call out hours and/or shift assignmentSUBMIT APPLICATIONS:
Human Resources Department
501 N. Thompson, Ste. 400 Conroe, TX 77301
(936) 539 – 7886
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm (Friday: Closed from 12:00pm – 1:00pm)
- To be considered for this position a completed Montgomery County Application and resume are required.
- The submission of your application to Montgomery County does not guarantee an interview.
- Montgomery County Recruiting will contact you directly if they are interested in setting you up for an interview.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree + 2 years experience in a Firearms Lab OR
High School Diploma/equivalent + 5 years experience in a Firearms Lab
• Must be court qualified to testify as expert witness related to examination results
• Completion of training program equivalent to the Association of Firearms and Tool Mark Examiner’s Training program or National Firearms Examiner’s Academy preferred
• Must be able to read and comprehend technical manuals, troubleshooting guides and manufacturer’s specifications
• Ability to operate equipment and machinery requiring monitoring of multiple conditions and making multiple, complex and rapid adjustments
• Must hold a valid Texas driver’s license
• Must have a good motor vehicle driving record
• Must pass a criminal background screening, including possible polygraph testing
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be physically able to climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift, and squat for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift items up to 50lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet
• May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions and moderate to loud noise levels
• Must be able to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements
Primary Job Duties:
• Responsible for writing and implementing policy for the Firearms and Tool Mark Laboratory
• Forensic examination and comparison of firearms and firearms related evidence
• Serial number restoration
• Distance determination recommended
• Preparation of detailed technical reports outlining the results of examinations along with appropriate supporting documentation
• Provide clear and concise courtroom testimony as an expert witness related to examination procedures and results
• Must remain abreast of advances in examination techniques and changes within the firearms industry
• Respond to crime scenes to provide technical assistance as directed by a Crime Lab Supervisor
• Provide support to other agencies entering specimens into the National Integrated Ballistics Identification Network (NIBIN) system
• Must maintain proficiency through periodic training and proficiency testing as required
• Ability to properly enter and image specimens into the NIBIN system
• Ability to review and evaluate correlation results in the NIBIN system
• Any other additional duties as directed by a Crime Lab Supervisor
After receiving a conditional offer of employment, applicant must pass a drug screen (1/2 cost = $20.00, responsibility of applicant) and may need a physical agility test (1/2 cost = $22.50, responsibility of applicant) before becoming an employee of Montgomery County.
Date Posted:4/21/2015 (Revised)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer