INTERNATIONAL FORENSIC ADVISOR (FIREARMS AND TOOLMARKS)
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, INC. is recruiting firearms and toolmark examiner willing to provide forensic technical assistance in the Dominican Republic. Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
• Evaluate the technical capabilities of project laboratories
• Recommend technical assistance required to meet internationally accepted forensic examination standards
• Establish procurement lists for capital, non-capital and equipment, consumable items and reagent chemicals for the firearms and toolmark analysis section
• Provide technical assistance in designing laboratory space used by the firearms and toolmark analysis section.
• Provide technical assistance in the implementation of wet chemical examination techniques.
• Provide technical assistance in the implementation of micro examination techniques.
• Provide technical assistance in the implementation of instrumental examination techniques.
• Provide technical assistance in the implementation of quality assurance programs in support of the firearms and toolmark analysis section.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITIES:
• Possess an extensive background in a broad scope of forensic firearms and toolmark examination types.
• Have knowledge of internationally accepted methods of forensic firearms and toolmark examination.
• Have knowledge of forensic laboratory accreditation requirements.
o Experience in an ASCLD/LAB and/or ISO 17025 accredited institution is desirable.
• Ability to work closely with laboratory personnel abroad to enhance their knowledge of forensic drug examinations ranging from basic wet chemistry techniques to advanced instrumental applications.
• Have flexible schedules.
• Ability to work outside the United States in a culturally and ethnically diverse environment.
o Prior international experience, particularly in developing countries, is desirable, though not required.
• Ability to work in a non-English-speaking environment using language assistants.
o Spanish language skills are preferred, but not required.
$ Bachelors degree in a natural science, or related field
$ 10 years experience as an examiner/analyst in a forensic laboratory.
$ 1 year training or mentoring experience
PBSI Forensic Advisors are subcontractors. They are not employees of any governmental agency they may work with.
PBSI Forensic Advisors are compensated with a salary and living expenses base upon experience and training.
Contact the PBSI if you are a Firearms Examiner who would like the opportunity to help developing democracies establish a forensic examination program based upon international standards. The PBSI recruiter can be contacted at RECRUITER@criminalist.us