Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Firearms and toolmark training and support the processing of forensic and biometric materials provided by US, Coalition, and Local National collection efforts and training support to Afghanistan National Forces.
o Guidance data to the IBIS Bullet-TRAX for exploitation.
o Forensic/biometric data to the Biometric Fusion Center or other identified data collection entity.
o Guidance in his/her forensic science specialty area to the military judicial system or intelligence components in theater.
· Provide instruction as to
o Use of firearms and tool mark evidence as it is related to forensic examinations.
o Determination of origin for ammunition and firearms.
· Will be required to formalize and publish a written Program of Instruction for the purpose of training host country national.
· Develop a training agenda incorporating the developed Program of Instruction.
· Have been formally trained in firearms and toolmark examination at a state or federal American Society Crime Laboratory Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD/LAB) or ISO 17025 accredited laboratory.
· Be members in good standing of the Association of Firearms and Toolmark Examiners (AFTE).
· Have a minimum of three (3) years experience working in an accredited laboratory conducting the full range of firearms and toolmark work described above.
· Have received formal training on the IBIS (NIBIN) system and trajectory analysis.
· Successfully pass a discipline specific competency test approved by USACIL prior to and annually thereafter during employment with the company.
· Have intermediate level competency in PhotoShop (LPE and Photographer) and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
· Be able to work well in a team environment; possess excellent organizational skills.
Must be able to meet the following physical demands:
Government requirements for medical fitness
Work approximately 12 hours per day, seven days a week for extended periods of time
Attend pre-deployment training
Lift 70 lbs. to a working height of 48 inches
General office and laboratory duties/functions
Be willing to rotationally deploy to Afghanistan for six months to a year.
Be able to obtain a US Secret Clearance and US Passport.
Free Lodging, meals, and travel. Please apply online at idealinnovations.com in the Careers Section. EOE